Tuesday 5 January 2016

Day 2 - Learning more Python and basic memory

I'm trying to get into the mindset of exactly what I need to do.
First off (at least until my webcam arrives) I need to understand more about the language, and also more about the nature of how we remember things, and how we store memories.

I'm doing the latter as I'm learning the former, best use of my time.

A "What is your name?"
B "Mike"
A <Searches memory>
A "I know you" or "We have never met"

This is the basics of what I have achieved so far.
Linking the python interface with a simple excel sheet I have a list of names. My AI (Need a name for this) will search the excel sheet (it's memory) and try and find a match, then return a value if we've met or if we haven't.

Very basic but it's a good start and it works.
This will work in a similar way to my end products short term memory bank.

Text is different to image though but I believe conceptually they're the same thing. for my upscale replace excel with a proper database and connect it to the internet for its learning and we're talking business.

Feels like I'm making good progress.

Next steps

Think of a name for him/her/it
Give it the ability to learn (write to the excel sheet)
Set up the webcam and find out how to make it see

No comments:

Post a Comment